TIPS : here, an article on our blog which may help you !
How to choose your slackline webbing ?
The Moonwalk is our high tech webbing - Made in France
The purpose was to offer to the slackliners an ultra light (34g/m) and ultra resistant (31kN) webbing to set up huge lines. She's also the solution for those who want to carry as light as possible when backpacking.
It's a flat webbing, composed of 50% polyester/50% HMPE which gives it high resistance and low stretch. Light, easy to tighten and store!
- Why you should purchase 15m or 25m ? For an ultra light kit, ultra easy to tighten!
- Why you should purchase 100m or 250m ? Easy to set up and walk! Also easy to carry and store! A big plus!
- Composition : 50% polyester / 50% HMPE (similar to Dyneema fiber)
- Width : 25mm
- Thickness : 2mm
- Weight : 34g/m
- Elasticity :
- 2,2% under 3kN
- 2,8% under 5kN
- 3,2% under 7kN
- 3,4% under 10kN
- Recommended Working Load Limit (WLL) : 9kN
- Breaking Load Limit (BLL) :
- Breaking Load of the webbing (supplier data) : 31 kN
- Breaking Load with a banana - double wrap technic : 23,8 kN (ref tested = Slackibloc 4.0)
Began to slip at 18 kN
- Breaking Load with carabiner + Linelock : 26,7 kN
- Breaking Load of the loop : 29,3 kN
- Tested by an independant lab : MECANIUM - more details here
- The HMPE presence implies a double wrapping method bananas to avoid any slippage into the weblock.
- Dry your webbing if wet. Not directly under the sun as UV can damage it.
- Store clean and dry, in a dark place.
- If dirty or salty (due to see water), wash it only with cold water, dry it immediately (no sun)
- LineGrip and HighLineGrip under certain conditions
The MoonWalk slides at 9kN in the LineGrip (following numerous tests), and therefore should not be used with the Linegrip.
- Permanent rig. A slackline should be uninstall and store after each use.
- Do no tighten on urban furnitures, do not cut the way to others.
- Use Wind Stopper by windy conditions and avoid resonance
- You can made different setup in the banana
- To train harder, reduce the tension, or double your webbing
- Protect your slings and the tree with the tree protection. This will extend the life of your gear.
- Dry your webbing after use. Always store it clean and protected from UV.
- Sold by meter
- Sold with or without eyeloop (see option)
- 3 world records where established with the MoonWalk : (Made at its origin by Slack.fr©, the predecessor of Easy Slackline, and made in France)
Carry bag (option)
- Drybag 20L
Our Drybag is water and dust resistant! Ideal for storing your equipment in a safe place. Plus, with its zipped front pocket and shoulder straps, it's very useful !
- You can store 160m of Moonwalk maximum in this Drybag 20L -
To go further
- A versatile and stretchy webbing ?
- tubular - Reggae or RVD (54g/m, tubular polyester)
- A flat round edge webbing, very comfortable ?
- flat - Slodki (61g/m, polyester)
Slacklining and particularly Highlining (slackline in the air, securised by a harness) are sports having no legal framework or norms concerning the gear or the setup for safety.
Consequently we cannot warranty our gear for Highlining and to securised yourself with.
Our products are tested inside our company and independant labs (mentionned on the product page if it's the case) via a process evolving with practice.
The results of those tests have no legal values, they aim to ensure the safety and comfort of using our equipment.
It is the responsibility of the slackliner to choose the right gear with adequate resistance and to have the necessary experience to adapt his installation to his practice.
To securised yourself, use PPE Equipmeent (climbing gear, ropes, etc)
- Don't rig your slackline across a path, a road or any crossing
- Don't rig your slackline higher than 2m
- Ride on a grassy or soft ground, without roots or rocks
- Always backup your setup - more detaisl here
- Never use ratchets for highlining
- Never use urban furniture as anchor point
This equipment is absolutely not made for highlining. Find more information on our website highline.fr
Items cannot be considered as PPE (personal protective equipment).
NEVER USE OUR SLACKLINE EQUIPMENT TO SECURE YOURSELF - THIS IS NOT CLIMBING OR PPE EQUIPEMENT.
How to determine the tension in your slackline ?
- Our spreadsheet :
Thanks to the following sheet, you will be able to approximately know the tension into your gear (slings, shackle, slackline, etc.). You will then know if you are using it correctly, meaning correctly regarding the using advices and most important the strength limits.
Click there to see the sheet and enter your datas
- The dynamometer or Linescale
This product allows you to mesure exactly what is the tension into your equipment.
For more informations click there.