This aluminium carabiner is perfect for a light and comfort slackline kit !
Perfect for a primitiv system.
2,4 times lighter than a steel carabiner !
With his 25kN resistance and his symmetric oval shape, he is perfect for a slackline use, especially in the Primitiv Kits
The webbing passes trough it with ease. Connecting slings is ultra easy. A must have for kits over 50m in length. Above 50m or with a pulley system, we strongly recommend the use of shackles.
- Composition : aluminium
- Form : Oval symmetric
- Screw-lock gate :
- easy to open. A red visual indicator shows that the carabiner is not locked
- Working Load Limit (WLL) : 7 kN
- Breaking Load Limit (BLL) big axe : 25 kN
- Breaking Load Limit (BLL) small axe: 8 kN
- Weight : 70 g
- More info on Petzl.com
- Unlock (unscrew) the ring of the screw carabiners before unset your slackline to avoid blocking the mechanism induced by the deformation under tension.
- Useful to connect slings to the slackline and for Primitiv Kits
- Use it only in the right direction - never sideways
- Triloading : Avoid to use it when your sling is connected round a big tree. If you still do it, it will affect the resistance of the carabiner due to a triload force which can lead to the break of the carabiner.
- To avoid the last point, please use shackles instead.
- DO NOT USE IN CLIMBING ONCE IT AS USE IN SLACKLINE - this PETZL carabiner is Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) approved ONLY if used under normal conditions : climbing.
But once used in slackline, it is imperative that you do not use it in climbing / don't securing yourself with this carabiner.
- The slackline material is ONLY used for slacklining -
- Trickline / Jumpline forbidden - Use shackles instead
NEVER USE ALUMINUM MATERIALS. It can break due to fatigue failure, learn more here
- Lines longer than 50m.
Slacklining and particularly Highlining are sports having no legal framework or norms concerning the gear or the setup.
Consequently we cannot warranty our gear for Highlining.
Our products are tested inside of our company via a process evolving with practice.
The results of those tests have no legal values, they aim to ensure the safety and comfort of using our equipment.
It is the responsibility of the slackliner to choose the right gear with adequate resistance and to have the necessary experience to adapt his installation to his practice.
- Don't rig your slackline accross a path,a road or any crossing
- Don't rig your slackline higher than 2m
- Ride on a grassy or soft ground, without roots or rocks
- Always backup your setup
- Never use ratchets for highlining
- Never use urban furniture as anchor point
This equipement is absolutely not made for highlining. Find more information on our website highline.fr
Items cannot be considered as PPE (personal protective equipment)